Impro College is a 3 weeks dancing space for learning, co-creation and
rest on the Black Sea together with teachers from Ukraine, Russia and
Moldova on condition of paying only for accommodation and food 210 euro
for 21 days.
program will include “morning practices”, 3 master classes and jam. Two
classes will be about Contact Improvisation and one “near-contact”
class is performance, contemporary dance, massage, etc. The first
morning class on CI will concern the essential principles of CI, the
second will be more profound, laboratory format.
Alexandra Soshnikova (Moldova)
The list will be filled up and specified.
- many intensives from different teachers in relatively short period of time
- many possibilities to dance for the dancing space is constantly open
- low cost conditions of participation
2. We intend to make this project a regular event expanding in time from 3 weeks to 3-4 months of annual Art College producing performances, video and other art projects.
3. Exploring the learning process and common living. Shantambala is a shared space, a kind of commune built on idea of co-creation and research. In these circumstances beside of learning the principles of certain form of dance we learn how to live together and combine dance, art and life.
4. We want to organize an Opened Congress of Contact Improvisation in context of College.
The school is located in 20 minutes from the Black Sea coast in the Center of Contact Improvisation and spontaneous creativity Shantambala. The Center is a small private area10 km from Odessa. There is an 180 square meters hall on the territory of the Center for dancing and meditations also a sauna, a trampoline, a volleyball area, some showers and toilets, a space for sleeping in the sleeping bags, a lot of air and space, the sky and silence.
Guided tour on Shantambala
How to get to the place
The accommodation is arranged in a common space of the hall in the sleeping bags also you can put your own tent.